• Register Today It's free!

My Park Break light is off

jm_vg

Reaction score
City, State
La Serena IV Región
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT-2010XLT
Hi guys again !!... I have a little problem : my park break warning light is off when I push the parking break pedal, don't light comes on when I turn the ignition key to start. Where is the location of switch that light on when I push the pedal ?...may be the light is damaged too. Your help please !!...:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there should be a switch connected to the e-brake pedal. but as long as you feel some resistance i'd say you're fine. but like you said, might be the light itself... only one way to find out.

thank you Blacksheep...but Do you know where is located these switch ?...I searched in Chilton & Haynes, but the information does not appear.

My "brake" light doesn't come on either when the parking brake is engaged, but the light itself does work as it came on when I had a break fluid leak and the level in the master cylinder when down. So I'm not too worried about the parking brake thing...as long as it comes on when there's a brake problem I'm sastisfied.

Yeah Pugsy...I agree with you. When you are driving and next you stop and you push the parking break pedal....Does the light comes on ??...Before, my Exp did it !, but now, no !

Honestly, I can't remember if it ever came on when the parking brake was set. I've had the truck for 3 years now. My brake fluid leak was last fall and that's the first time I recall seeing the light on...so at least it works. I can't remember off the top of my head if it comes on when you start the truck. Most of the dash lights should as a test to make sure they work, but can't remember if the brake one does or not.

That's right Pugsy...my EXP when I push the parking break pedal, the light on dash is comes on. After, when I release the pedal, the light turn off.

That's right Pugsy...my EXP when I push the parking break pedal, the light on dash is comes on. After, when I release the pedal, the light turn off.

Then if the light comes on, what's the problem?

My brake light on the dash does come on when I turn the key to start, but not when the parking brake is set. No big deal.

The problem is the light not comes on now when I push the pedal...before did it !

Back