• Register Today It's free!

Need Help with alarm System!

98ws6

Reaction score
City, State
philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
hey guys i have a stock 1997 explorer xlt model...heres my problem...i had 1 key fob with lock unlock and panic buttons and i recently lost it so i have been using just my spare key and when i get out of the car i hit the lock button and the horn honks to let me know its armed then when i get back in and turn on the car it honks again to let me know its disarmed...i have been meaning to get around to go get a remote start/alarm put in but havent had time so yesterday my brother took my truck and he said that he turned left and the left turn signal wasnt goign off it just kept clicking (recently sometimes the right turn signal would make a really loud buzzing noise when i put it on and the light didnt blink) but anyway he said he turned the truck off and all and the light stayed on :confused: so i was like umm ok so this morning i reconnect the negative to the battery that he unconnected and the alarm started to go off and wouldnt stop so i took off the negative again a few times it did this with the alarm then eventually it stopped but my car wont turn on????? i tried hitting lock to see if the horn honked but it didnt it just says theft on the display like usually does but no horn honk?!?! could it be possible the alarm reset and i need the fob to get it back to normal? i need some help? if i tow it to a local shop (best buy etc.) and they put in a new alarm will the problme be fixed or is it something more than that? let me know guys
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

come on guys someone help me out please

If it is a stock alarm, then you can defeat the alarm with just the key. Check in the left quarter panel to see if there is a Ford anti-theft module in there.

To disarm the factory Explorer alarms with the key, turn the key all the way to the left, pause, and turn it fully to the right. The instructions are in the owners manual also.

My 93 Limited often sets the allarm off by doing that with the key. I try to use the key fob. Good luck,
Don

your turn signal problem is likely a bad multifunction switch. About the alarm, i know nothing.

I have a 2002 ford exporer and the factory alarm goes off randomly how do i turn off the alarm and leave it off

these alarms suck

I have a 95 xlt and do not understand what you are talking about with the key from left to right?? My situation is that from time to time the car won't start (being cut off by anti theft alarm) I would love to bipass it or something so I can work the door locks and not have to deal with the alarm cutting off the starter.

Cut wires to siren. Disconnect battery. Turn ignition to on position (forward). Wait. Reconnect battery. Start vehicle. Worked on my 97.

Back