• Register Today It's free!

New guy with a 4x4 question.

rustyace

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer 4X4
Hey guys new to the forum. Always, i just got this 2007 eddie bauer 4x4 and im not sure if the 4x4 is engaging or not? The indicator lights on the dash board for auto, high and low are all functional when i turn the truck on but when i try to engage the auto and low the indicators do not light up on the dash to indicate there on. The strange thing is that the high indicator light turns on on the dash. Also, when i try to engage the low there is a small flashing light on the low button that flashes for about 10 seconds and then stops. Anyone got any ideas or am i doing something wrong to engage the system?

Welcome to the forum! Ok, assuming its like the 02-05, there is no indicator for 4x4 Auto because that is just normal everyday driving. As for the low, you have to make sure you are stopped with the car in neutral before turning on the low...then it will blink a couple of times and the indicator light will turn on. I'm pretty sure you can't put it into 4 Low while in park, it has to be in neutral.

Hope that helped! :)

thanks so much!!

that definitely answered my question and helped me engaged the low drive. I also have another question about the low drive gear. I was just wondering if you know the warning signs when your transmission is starting to have problems when engaged in low 4x4. i only ask b/c it seems that low 4x4 runs a little rougher than in high gear?

Back