Newbie here, just picked up a 08 Adrenalin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie here, just picked up a 08 Adrenalin

karfever

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin
Glad I found this site, after searching the threads I have found some quick answers to some questions like exhaust, exhust tip (roush) and intake etc. Glad to meet you guys! :thumbsup:

2008 Adrenalin white 4.6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome.. Ha said it before our unofficial welcome wagon said it :D

With the 08 some of the options will be very limited for modifications.

Welcome to the site, these are not the easiest to find items for.

Yes, you are right, there isnt much out there for these, but not that they need alot. Right now my biggest issue is deciding on what to do with the front plate holder, remove it or find some stupid vanity plate:thumbdwn:

BTW, mine is a duplicate or yours adrnrush expect for the sunroof, which I could of done without. I hope the bad weather doesnt hit you, I know we are in the target area up in Fernandina Beach:eek:

Right now we have minimal action, a little rain and a little wind but nothing major. I never cared for moon roofs so when I was looking I searched for one without it. Finally I had to go to Tampa to get one the way I wanted it and I really love this thing.

Welcome to site....

Welcome karfever,
As you may find, after martket parts are hard to come by.
I am working on some custom pieces for mine, I have already done some of the mods we can do; hook delete, moving badges and custom badges.

I just want it to look clean and not over done.
I would really like to find a custom vented hood.
Even a set custom carbon fiber tail lights are hard to find.

I have a AWD, V8, red STA and I opted for Sunroof, hard tonneau, bed extender (never used it), electronics pkg, class III, remote start and alarm.
I think we all got the free radio subscription, and other keyless entry and black interior leather.
keep us posted

What is the hook delete? I haven't started any mods trying to fashion a list. You are right aftermarket parts are a minimum and even a drop is minimal because of the IRS. The vented hood is a must but I haven't found anything, I do plan to start soon though. Nocturnal STA has also done a few mods on his.

adrnlnrush,
I actaully came accross these while I was looking for parts for my Lightning. I doubted that Ford would make the hooks different than a F150.
So I took a risk and bought the part, they were the same.

check out ; http://www.steedatruck.com/products/Graphics-&-Styling-Billet-Cargo-Delete-Kits/c28_106/index.html

I just sanded mine so the surface was alittle rough, then painted them to match. Mine have been on since May and look awesome.
*If you go to a local hardware store, you can probably find the bolts in black.
(instead of using the chrome bolts they use)

The black bolts, with the painted deletes will look awesome and stand out with any vehicle color.

I will post photos of mine some how........eventually.

Like you, I am looking for the custom hood and the carbon fiber taillights.
At this rate I may have to make my own.

John

Steeda plates..........

I bought a set for my '08 V8 Limited and they sure look nice.

The hooks were ugly IMHO.

Removed the front plate holder

Removed the front plate holder. Filled the holes with 1/4 inch white plastic plgs bought at Home Depot. Looks good now!

welcome aboard

hey does the 08 adrenalin come with hids

I researched the hell out of all this stuff before I purchased anything.

Here is my Mod List for my 08 AWD 4.6L STA:

Installed a Magnaflow #14236 5"x8"x11" oval offset/offset 2.5"/2.5" muffler with custom pipes. $83.81 shipped. Purchased at: performancepeddler.com

Installed a K&N 63-2573 Series Air Charger Intake System. $252.72 shipped. Installed myself. Purchased at: performancepeddler.com

These are the next two mods:

Zabteck drive-by-wire Modified Throttle Body $325.00

SCT Xcal III Flash Tuner w/ three custom tunes from Fastpartsnetwork.com $388.98 Shipped.

The K&N air charger filter is plastering my MAF with goss and oil. This is causing my engine to run lean on one bank. This is right out of the box. At the very least I will be replacing the cone filter with a Green filter if the problem persists.

Audio Mods:

(1) Alpine 9883 Head Unit, screw SYNC! (Purchased)
(2) JBL GTO 1202D 12" Subwoofers (For Sale- Won't Fit!)
(2) Kicker CVT10" Subwoofers
(1) JBL CS60.4 Amp (Purchased)
(1) JBL CS300.1 Mono Amp (Purchased)
(2) Custom amp rack and sub enclosure
(2) 20% Front Window Tint.

I should also mention that none of this stuff modifies the warranty. I checked with the dealership I work for (Lincoln Mercury) and everything is ok. When you bring the truck in for service be sure to set the computer back to stock!

I was torn between installing the Roush tip and leaving it stock. I decided stock looked better. The Roush tip isn't really that noticeable imo. I'm pretty sure it won't install flush because it's for a Roush Mustang left side tip and I do believe they have an angle to them.

I was torn between installing the Roush tip and leaving it stock. I decided stock looked better. The Roush tip isn't really that noticeable imo. I'm pretty sure it won't install flush because it's for a Roush Mustang left side tip and I do believe they have an angle to them.

hahaa Don't fear the tip!

3009525_19_full.jpg

Great on your other mods....I'm starting to say SCREW SYNC as well! Been acting up lately.

I did the bed hook plates back in March...Painted them black to match!

3009525_28_full.jpg

I'm getting Tons of compliments on my custom HVAC Knobs too!

3009525_38_full.jpg

The K&N air charger filter is plastering my MAF with goss and oil. This is causing my engine to run lean on one bank. This is right out of the box. At the very least I will be replacing the cone filter with a Green filter if the problem persists.
Remove the cone filter, stuff the inside with newspaper and pack it pretty tight, and let it sit overnight.

I have been modifying my black 08 Adrenalin a little at a time. I'm looking for hp increases as well as fuel mileage increases.I installed the K&N system a couple of months ago and drove south to Fla.One portion of the trip netted right at 24.5 mpg. The rest of the time the avg was 20-23mpg.
My next step was a tire size increase in an attempt to get a higher gear ratio from the factory 3.55(didn't want to change out the gear set.)
I installed a set of 275/55 x 20 Michelin LTX/MS tires (31.9"diameter) and reset the speedo with a Hypertech programmer. Looks like a 250 rpm drop at 70 mph. The truck still has excellent power,and I was able to fill up those huge wheel wells. I have not taken a road trip since installation,but combination driving from the house to town appears to be about 22 mpg.
The next step is an exhaust system.Magnaflow makes an entire cat back for the standard Sport Trac ,but nothing for the Adrenalin.
Are you guys just replacing the muffler and extension pipes and using the stock tailpipe or have you found a complete stainless kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most of us just buy the muffler we want instead of the entire CBE.

I installed my muffler and then removed the resonator. Basically making a custom CBE. It was pretty cheap and sounds flipping awesome.

Back