OBD-II to OBD-I conversion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBD-II to OBD-I conversion

Pics working now... Seems like the only route open to me with the intake differences is to go DIS with O2 sensors and the 4.0l MAF and PCM? Which sounds OK as long as I can use the Unichip to get everything running together.

410 as I can't use the lower intake manifold what's my best bet for getting the motor to rev up a bit higher? How about changing the cam and somehow opening up those intake ports.. if anyone has got a template/photos/guide that is?

Open up the intake (throttle body) and run a larger exhaust the 4.0L will rev a little higher and make its power a bit further up the powerband, I dont think you need to start messing with a custom ground cam, might do more harm then good.
porting the heads is your best bang for buck power wise on a OHV 4.0L...you can gasket match the intake runners but the 4.0L intakes already flor quite well.
Your 97 has a plastic upper correct? I dont think you can do anything to it, nor do you need to.

Sif have red explorer engine number on it .I google it an came to u .I need know bit more about it plz find me on Facebook Kylie Gibson has car as my picture

Back