OEM Nerf Bars Installation - 2005 4 Door | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM Nerf Bars Installation - 2005 4 Door

roryrh

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
I am looking for pictures on how OEM nerf bars attach to my 2005 Explorer 4 dr. My 2002 had them, didn't think to ever look. My 2005 came without them, I have a nice set of used I just purchased. Most of it makes sense, just not how they attach to the body pan. It looks like the holes for the brackets match up with 3/4 square holes, but other then nuts and bols, no special "square hole" hardware was included. There is also a gap, maybe 1/2", between the top of the bracket and the bottom pan. Any digital pictures would be appreciated. rr

Rory,
Dont have pics, but I have just R & R'd mine. (For under coating) Each mounting 'tab' or plate has 3 bolts in them. Top, and 2 side by side ones. Think they were 9/16 (?) The top one is threaded in the body 'pan' area. The two on the bottom have clips that slide up on the body 'weld/seam' area over the corresponding holes to bolt into. (9 total bolts and 6 clips.) Hope this helps.
MCTOY

Back