Opinions on Phoenix Reman Transmissions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on Phoenix Reman Transmissions?

Dash Riprock

Reaction score
City, State
LA, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer XLT
Ive searched for and seen a couple of posts about people buying them with good results. Just wanted to see how they are doing or if anyone else has bought one.

Ive done a bit if research on it and I cant find another internet retailer of reman trannys with a price as low as Phoenix. In fact, I can get a 3 year warranty (for parts, labor and! shipping) for less than other places with only a crappy parts and labor only 1-year warranty.

A couple of the other names Ive looked at is Certified and Jasper. Both look to be high-quality organizations, but the prices are significantly higher and the warranty not as good.

I feel that with the extended warranty, even if Phoenix is not high quality, Im covered. And if they are high quality, then Ill save quite a bit.

By the way, Ive seen Phoenix's Ebay sales and I didnt notice any price difference between Ebay and buying direct form the site. So I dont know what hte point of buying it through Ebay would be.

Anyone have any recent or past experience with Phoenix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jasper is actually a good company. Their warranty is, I believe, 3yrs/75,000 miles. Its Labor and Parts! We've had a lot of success with Jasper at our shop.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
Jasper is actually a good company. Their warranty is, I believe, 3yrs/75,000 miles. Its Labor and Parts! We've had a lot of success with Jasper at our shop.

-Drew

I agree that Jasper appears to be a quality company, and the warranty they offer is the 2nd best I saw. The problem is a trans for a 95 XLT is a whopping $2538, not including installation obviously.

Hard to choose Jasper when I can get a better warranty for $1440.

Of course, maybe Phoenix is junk, which is why Ive posted this thread!

Do a search it's been covered. In short it's a good company, no problems.

Jason94sport said:
Do a search it's been covered. In short it's a good company, no problems.

I mentioned before that i did search. However, there are only 2-3 comments, not really enough to call it a rousing endorsement. I just wanted to get an update on those people and maybe anyone else that has bought recently.

Well....I bought 2 of them. 1 5 speed & 1 A4LD. No problems with the parts or service. I can recommend them.

Jason94sport said:
Well....I bought 2 of them. 1 5 speed & 1 A4LD. No problems with the parts or service. I can recommend them.

Thanks! How long have you had them in? Mileage?

Don't have them anymore. They were in past Explorer's but I did put 10K miles on the 5 speed & 5K on the auto. My current Xis running fine with the orginal tranny so far, when it goes I will be going to PRT for a replacement.

Back