• Register Today It's free!

Out of gas.

xzun81

Reaction score
City, State
seneca falls new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sport trac
So i have a 2005 spt trac i ran out of gas. I think i put in like 2 gallons of gas/waster mix on mistake. truck runs like hell ive changed the filter and put a few more gallons of good gas in but still runs like hell.
Any help out there?..Actualy it just barly runs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So i have a 2005 spt trac i ran out of gas. I think i put in like 2 gallons of gas/waster mix on mistake. truck runs like hell ive changed the filter and put a few more gallons of good gas in but still runs like hell.
Any help out there?..Actualy it just barly runs

maybe instead of diluting the crap you put in there you should drain it out and dispose of it.

to be on the safe side, change fuel pump (no idea what kind of solvents were in your mix),flexible sections of fuel line, filter, injectors, and sparkplugs after cleaning out the system.
or start out with the cheapest parts.

there is a possibility the truck ran like "hell" to begin with, and the gas is an easy excuse.

I say fill the tank up all the way with fuel and drive it until almost empty. Water is more dense than gasoline so it will tend to settle at the bottom (where the pump's pickup is). But as long as the fuel is circulating (engine is on), the two should be constantly mixing.

But water doesn't compress. Wouldn't that eventually get into the engine and blow the block?

Yes but you are not pumping the engine with 100% water - that's why I say dilute it. It'll probably run like crap for a bit (like when doing the SeaFoam process, or when an engine has been hydrolocked in a river), but I think eventually, after all of the water is exhausted out of the tailpipe, the engine will eventually run like before.

If you're going to buy treatment use it with a full tank fuel. FPPF makes a SUPERIOR diesel treatment. I've tested it myself against SILOO and many others and it kicks their butt for water dispersal. They have a Marine Treatment and if it works as good as the Diesel Treatment it WILL take care of your water problem. I might contact them to verify it's use in vehicles with CATS, IDK.
http://www.fppf.com/marineformulagastreat.aspThe Gas Treatment should be CAT safe but may not work as fast.
http://www.fppf.com/FPPF_GasTreatment19233.pdf

No, I have no connection to FPPF.!:mattmoon:

Back