Perfomance and Cosmetic surgery (Daily Driver) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Perfomance and Cosmetic surgery (Daily Driver)

platinum eagle

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 EB
First of all hello I am new to posting on here but I have been reading post on here for almost 2 years. I have a 92 4WD Eddie Bauer we have been through allot and well she looks every bit of it. I have an idea of what I want to do as far as the interior goes my only problem area is I don’t like the dash and Gauges has anyone upgraded to like a 95 or 00 design. Currently my head light switch seems to malfunction allot I have replaced it already with a new one but the same problems exist. I have checked for shorts and I haven’t found any hopefully when I change the dash and the switches I won’t have the same problems. I guess first and foremost I will start with making the old parts I am building around like new.

External Cosmetically I would like to add running boards with lights. Change the front end I don’t know what would work for me I have read many post on aftermarket clips and fiberglass fenders, hoods etc..... I know I want metal if not I may just stay with original look but definitely I want to put on a brush guard. :D

Performance Enhancements I need Help on the Engine I don’t know where to start:confused: I have a 4.0 V6 it’s a daily driver so I’m not looking to break the sound barrier but definitely get some power and better gas mileage if possible. Also I am in California smog check capital of the world.
Suspension lift and brake change I think I want to swap out the rear with a 96 Explorer.... I would appreciate any help or suggestions on my project and I will definitely post Pictures of each enhancement. :salute:

Back