PIAA xtreme white vs. superwhite (9007) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PIAA xtreme white vs. superwhite (9007)

ok I got my xtreme white bulbs in today. Installed one in the passenger side, left the drivers side as the standard PIAA superwhite so I could do a side by side. Don't have anything scientific, but heres a few things I noticed.
The xtreme white is NOTICEABLY brighter. Not like a driving light vs. a headlight, but I could definately tell that the passenger side was brighter then the drivers side.
Also, its funny, you know how the superwhites make your stock lenses look yellow they are so white? The xtreme whites are so white, they make the superwhites look yellow! I don't have a stock bulb anymore to do a side by side with it, but I did do a side by side when I first got the superwhites and the superwhites were quite a bit brighter and much whiter then the stocks, so you can do the math.
The bulbs themselves have a bluer "tint" to them. You can even see it is slightly bluish if you look in the headlight housing itself. But the light itself is much more clear and white then the superwhites.

Now, the most important part... is it worth the money? Well, I can't be the one to decide that. I'd say if you are upgrading from superwhites, they are probably not worth the cost (i.e. the gain you receive may not be worth the $100 or whatever they cost), but hey if if you ar going from stock to a new bulb and you've got some extra money, I think they appear to be a great bulb.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet..... i will get those when i get my truck legal again

Thanks Matt.

I usually change my bulbs proactively, i.e. before they burn out. saves time and hassles from the popo by having a light go out and not knowing it. I think I'll get a set of those newfangled bulbs.

Matt,

I hate you. Not really :) but now I have a bad bad feeling that the wallet may be $70ish dollars lighter soon...

Hey... im about to post on another thread about em, but I just got some cheapo bulbs off ebay, they look pretty nice, and when I got them installed, they were whiter and brighter than my piaa superwhites. Swear. :)

nick

Back