95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
Ok picture what this would look like:

95 Explorer Limited OHV 4.0 4x4 with the Willow Frost paint (light green)
Wet Okole Seat covers
aero wrapguard
slimline weatherguards
Lund Windjammer
performance products flares (black)
borla cat back
white face guages
roof sun visor
head and tailight blackouts
sunroof wind deflector
Hella F100 fog lamps
PIAA Platinum series bulbs
hood blister
lumilogo
screenfront grill inserts
explorer decals
17" pirelli scorpions with g-force or cobra-r rims

Plus, power mods and stuff like that:

Edelbrock performer IAS shocks
slotted brake rotors with performance brake pads
brake dust preventers
blind spot mirrors
k&n air filter
jet module power chip
throttle body
V6 chrome headers
poly bushings
steering stabilizers
2 MTX amps with 500 watt total peak power
MTX 12" Dual speakers with quartz loaded tweeters (totaling 400 watt peak)

~~~~So, what do you think? All this totals around 6,000 dollars but i think it worth it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive never seen that color, do you have a pic of your truck

Tony 91 Sport

[Edited by AJ91SPORT on 06-29-2000 at 11:17 PM]

Sounds kinda sweet!

The only thing is that I know brake dust is a pain in the @$$ when it comes to nice rims, but in the "brake dust" preventers don't allow sufficient air flow to the brakes and could cause and increase braking distance, especially under hot summer days. Just something to consider.

AJ91Sport,

I just took pictures of my truck today, but it will be a while before I get them up because they are the first pictures on my camera, but they'll be up sometime. Its called Willow Frost, its a very light green color.

Well, I changed my mind again. 6000 dollars is a bit steep for right now, so I decided be put some things on the back burner till I get everything else. So what my list is now is this....

Billet grille (if it will fit)
hood blister
windshield decals
Pirelli Scorpions with stock rims
Auto Force fender flares (black)
white face guage
blackouts front and back if possible
Plasma ultra-whites
sunroof deflector
aero wrapguard
slimline weatherguards
Lund moonvisor
those little white flashy lights that police use

Power mods:
new throttle body
V6 headers
mass airflow sensor
slotted brake rotors
performance brake pads
jet module (maybe)
borla cat back or special dual exhaust (maybe)

And I'm not sure yet on what I want as far as sound, I'm still dicussing that with the other guys on the board! :)

Well, now what do you think?

I think that is going a little over-board. Once you start adding all of those plastic deflectors your truck starts to look cheap. The hood blister is a waste too I think. I would say go with the rims, the brakes, billet grille, the flares, the cat-back, gauges, and maybe the MAS. Don't forget about installation on all those engine mods.

Here's what I had in mind:

Blacking out the rest of my Black '95 Sport (Headlights and all), and then using Yellow Dura-Liner for Bull Bars, Bumper, Rock Sliders, Bead Locks, Safari Rack, Yellow Shock Boots, etc.

Sound decent?

Yeah mrsteve, now that I think of it you are right about that stuff. I think if I get the Lund Moonvisor it'll look hokey to have a sunroof deflector. The hood blister seems like a waste of money. But I do want more power and I wont be using it for serious off roading so I want it to look very stylish, but I do want at least a 1 inch lift.

I think if you want a lift you should just get a body lift if you are just going for looks. Maybe a 2 inch.

if you want just a one inch lift. i recomend just getting some shackle lifts for the back (go to autozone there liek 20 dolalrs) and then do the whole torsion twist thing in the front (look it up on the forums) unless you want a more agresseive look dont do anything in the front then.

thats what im going to do to my mounty.

if you want just a one inch lift. i recomend just getting some shackle lifts for the back (go to autozone there liek 20 dolalrs) and then do the whole torsion twist thing in the front (look it up on the forums) unless you want a more agresseive look dont do anything in the front then.

thats what im going to do to my mounty.

i think he may have done something to his truck by now...its been 9 years. :D
but thats still good advice for someone else.

haha thanks. yea i didn't know how long ago it was posted so i juist replied. does anyone have any pictures of mountaineers with lifts?

Back