powerantenna on aftermarket stereo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

powerantenna on aftermarket stereo

Baztard

Reaction score
City, State
Stockholm
Hi there, newbie here :)

Well, I just got an explorer, it's a -00.
The thing is that it was broken in to and the stereo stolen. I didn't really mind since I had a stereo laying around but the problem is, powerantenna, how do I hook it up to the aftermarket stereo?
I can't figure out witch cable to connect to the stereos powerantenna cable...

Any of you gurus know this, is it possible at all and if not, what to do?

cheers
Baz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depending on what kind of stereo it is, it should be a blue with white stripe wire coming off the radio. Theres also a blue wire that is for a remote amp turn on that can be used but the one with the white stripe should have a delayed turn on.

Well, I is it a blue with white stripe going to the antenna in the car?
I can't seem to find one, the stereo has one, yes, but what do I connect it to?

The power antenna control wire is on the 20 pin connector pin #2 orange/light blue, as per the wiring diagram. The Mach audio system had an optional power antenna for 98-2001. Hope this helps

The power antenna control wire is on the 20 pin connector pin #2 orange/light blue, as per the wiring diagram. The Mach audio system had an optional power antenna for 98-2001. Hope this helps

Thanks for the correction. Of all the X's i've put radios in, I don't remeber any of them having power antennas, or maybe I just did'nt pay attention.

I wonder if its the same on my 95 with a power antenna? I have no clue which one it is from the STOCK radio harness (Without the wiring harness)

I wonder if its the same on my 95 with a power antenna? I have no clue which one it is from the STOCK radio harness (Without the wiring harness)

Orange/light blue pin #10 on the rear chassis unit as per the wiring diagram. If you are a member of your local library you may have free online access to the Ebsco host reference area which has all this information and repair guides/manuals. It may be worth a call to your local library.

Back