Pulling airbag fuse while off-roading | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulling airbag fuse while off-roading

HiImBrian

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Petersburg, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I'm about to do some serious beating up on my ex (motocross track) and was just curious as to your thoughts on pulling my airbag fuse so they don't deploy on hard landings. What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of motocross track are you taking an explorer on? I've beat mine pretty hard but most of the tracks around here I wouldn't take my ex on. There's 2 gp tracks, 1 is still to rough. Got some peaky jumps.
Are you seriously going to do the jumps? Doubles? Triples? If so you might want the air bag, my 2nd gen flys pretty level but it's a v6, 2wd. I wouldn't be surprised if your 3rd gen flys nose low.

What kind of motocross track are you taking an explorer on? I've beat mine pretty hard but most of the tracks around here I wouldn't take my ex on. There's 2 gp tracks, 1 is still to rough. Got some peaky jumps.
Are you seriously going to do the jumps? Doubles? Triples? If so you might want the air bag, my 2nd gen flys pretty level but it's a v6, 2wd. I wouldn't be surprised if your 3rd gen flys nose low.

To be honest I don't really know. My local track opens up for trucks/SUVs once a month. No real peaked jumps on the track. I got 1-2 feet on a couple tables and the whoops were fun. My ex flys a little nose low but it made for a smoother landing. I didn't go too crazy because I didn't want to break anything.

Must be a hella mellow track if they allow trucks and suvs frequently.
So did you get any videos?

Must be a hella mellow track if they allow trucks and suvs frequently.
So did you get any videos?

Just posted one in the 3rd gen pics thread. I didn't shoot it, but you can see me in it a few times.

That' didn't look like much fun, to slow. :D I was hoping to see that heep get air borne. I mean come on, it's a jeep! :biggthump
Looked like a real track though, guess they smoothed out the tops of the jumps and cut down on the watering.

That' didn't look like much fun, to slow. :D I was hoping to see that heep get air borne. I mean come on, it's a jeep! :biggthump
Looked like a real track though, guess they smoothed out the tops of the jumps and cut down on the watering.

Some of us did get some air. The run that he was recording, that I was on, happened to be my first one of the day. I took it a little slow. I didn't want to break anything right when I got there…

And to clean up the thread I can't seem to find just one fuse to pull for JUST the airbags, so that idea is out.

Back