• Register Today It's free!

push/pull to the right

heathmo

Reaction score
City, State
Davenport, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
I very well could just be a little crazy, but I've noticed this a little more as of late, just because I'm always waiting for something to go wrong. I've not had the best luck with vehicles.

Anyways, it feels like my X pulls or pushes a little to the right when I hit the gas a bit hard. I do have an Aussie locker in the rear and was thinking maybe that was causing a little difference in wheel speed initially because I can see in the design there's a slight amount of play from one cam gear to the other with the pins and springs. But other times I don't even notice it at all and it still drives great. Pretty sure I have nothing broken in the rear end. Haven't looked again yet, but I'm planning to before winter starts. I could even just need an alignment considering how terrible the streets are here. Or maybe it's just because all our streets do slant slightly down towards the curb for water drainage.

I did have the tires replaced not long ago and they told me my ball joints were bad, but my brother and I did the test and noticed no play at all. The whole truck moved when we were trying that. And he also said that the two sway bar links needed replaced, which I replaced the other in December last year and it's still in great shape, as is the other one. I've got about 110,000 miles on it.

Any ideas?

It could be one of the right brakes is dragging. Whats the condition of the rotors on that side? It also very well could be an alignment issue.

The rear brakes are brand new, although I did have an issue with the parking brake but it seems to have been resolved with new shoes and new rear rotors and pads, the front brakes were replaced right before I bought it. That and it was the left side that was screwed up. I suppose one thing I'd really like to do is make an appointment for an alignment. Thanks for your help BTW.

Back