• Register Today It's free!

Question about 528 & 341 codes

jm_vg

Reaction score
City, State
La Serena IV Región
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT-2010XLT
Hi guys.....I have connected the scanner to the computer of the car and I obtained the following codes :

528 - Clutch pedal position (CPP ) circuit failure
341 - Octane adjust service pin open

¿ What does mean ??....Somebody has a bigger abundant explanation about of these codes? :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A better code list would tell you that the KOEO 528 refers to the AC input circuit. It means that the PCM sees the AC on during the test, and it expects to see it off.

KOEO 341 indicates that the octane adjust pin circuit is open. If memory serves, when the octane adjust pin is removed, timing is retarded by a few degrees. When an engine is having trouble with pinging, and the technician can't find a good reason for it or a way to fix it, they may remove the pin (and they should put some kind of sticker under the hood to that effect). If you get a wiring diagram (I think even Chiltons wiring diagram shows the octane adjust pin), you should be able to find it and see if it has been removed or if there is a break in the circuit.

Also, keep in mind that the a/c compressor comes on when its set on the defrost setting. Best thing to do before pulling codes is turn both switches off. The fan and the directional setting.

o.k first of all does your check engine light come on???? and second when the truck shifts did you notice anything different like shifting (auto)... like mayby theres no overdrive.... well to start this out i would like to mention that i had this problem myself and i had alot of opinions in which what it could be.... what happen is it started to run like crap what happened is the check engine light came one and keep in mind my ranger is automatic but it wouldnt shift into overdrive when the light is on.... i was told alot of differnt causes... seeing as thoe i had seen that you had mentioned something about a code 341 OBD 1 i figured i say something.... first the transmission is electironically and hydrollically controlled.. 1-3 shifts are all hydrolic and then when it goes into overdrive its electric..... it feels like its shifting 5 time because of the torque converter locking up.... its a electronically controlled lock up torque converter and it feels like anouther shift.... well what happened is my TPS (throttle Positioning sensor had gone bad and it was pulling that same code (341) that high octane pin adj..... well bassically thats what was wrong with it because the tps sensor was telling the computer that there was no throttle position ....... and it automatically deletes overdrive to prevent the motor from bogging down.. well i dint know that considering that i had changed the tranny fluid on it and put mercon V instead of streight mercon.... i thought got the wrong fluid well i had noticed that some vehicles have sensors that detect wrong fluid and mine dos'nt have that... well that light was on and i had thought that it has to be something electrical considering the code and check engine light.... and i had noticed that i had lost overdrive and when i drove it it would shift perfectly 1-3 and i felt the torque converter lock up (as a shift) but it didnt go into overdrive.... as soon as i replace that TPS sensor the light had whent off and it shifted fine after that...... soooo check you TPS sensor for conitinuity with a ohm meter or go to a place and have it tested.... i was told the wrong things that could be wrong... like my idel air control valve and my 3-4 shift selinoid and my TCS (torque converter lock up seliniod) and so on.... but i when to the source.... but the question is did you stuff a high grade of fuel in it or high octane fuel.... the thing is i did..... i stupidly stuffed a whole can of sefoam with out filling the tank all the way and i think that did it.... well check that... i own a 1992 ford ranger ext 4.0 L and a 1991 ford mustang gt 5.0L (gt40 heads) top end stroker kit).... sooo i know a little bit about them.... and yes i am a ford enthusist myself sooo...... and with that tps sensor it acts like a T/v cable like on a AOD and you know what happens when those dont get adjusted right!!!!! so check that sooo

I have a similar problem. I used 92 octane for awhile pulled 341 code, lost overdrive, when i put it in od it makes a jarring sound almost like a bass speaker. Doesn't go anywhere in od, everything else is fine. Maybe my tps is bad, how do I fix where is it what does it look like, is it easy? Thx.
-James.

when i put it in od it makes a jarring sound almost like a bass speaker. Doesn't go anywhere in od, everything else is fine. Maybe my tps is bad,
The A4LD is not a fully electronic transmission. The only things electronically controlled are the 3-4 shift and the TCC lockup. If you put the selector in OD and get loud noises and no movement, that will have nothing to do with the engine management system -- that will be a mechanical or hydraulic problem inside the transmission. Since most shops don't want to open a transmission without rebuilding it, you're probably headed towards rebuilding/replacing.

If you want to discuss further, I would suggest searching through the transmission forum and, if that doesn't answer your questions, start your own thread in that forum to discuss.

Back