Question for everyone...how much is my X worth? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question for everyone...how much is my X worth?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
hey ya'll
i am thinking of selling my explorer and buying this ranger

but i have to sell my X first, whats a decent starting price for it, cuz if i ask to much then nobody will even be intrested in looking at it..
its a 92 XLT with 117,500 miles on it, no rust. oil changed every 3,000 miles, runs great no problems at all..gets about 16.5 MPG city
just put a audio system in it that i would include
check out my older pictures of it at Dead Link Removed they are from last summer

I was thinking as it sits right now about asking 5,500 for it...

what do you all think about this price..

thanks
ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is probably best left to the guys in your part of the country, b/c value will change drastically from place to place. Best bet would probably try traderonline.com to see what everybody else is asking for them in your area.

arite cool i'm going to check that out.
thanks

Why not keep your X? From both pictures, I think your X looks much better than that ranger.
just my $.02

I agree with cfo, keep the X.

i dunno, the x is a great truck, when i saw this ranger i just loved it...i dunno...i love both trucks..i guess i'm searching for something new...a bit faster
the same thing happened when my dad was selling his 96 ranger and i could have got it for 4,000...

The ranger is pretty cool but I would have to paint it. That peachy orange color isnt doing it for me. Maybe I am just too conventional. I think it would look cool a dark color. Blue or Black.

yea thats what a few people have told me,
but i like it , it would stick out going down the road

what i want to know is will the hood thats on that ranger fit on a 2nd gen explorer.

your X looks like it is in excellent condition. I would say start at 6000.

Ranger hood will not fit explorer. Also keep the explorer!
Or sell it and get a 2nd gen. X!

go to Kelley Blue book they have a lot of info, it'll tell you about what your truck is worth.. if the link doesn't work it is www.kbb.com

I would keep buying the local papers and checking the classifieds for an Ex. of the same year with similar features (always check if it is 2 or 4wd) and similar mileage. You have to price it according your local market, unless you find the right person.
Your truck looks exceptionally fine and well maintained. I am sure an Explorer enthusiast would pay more for it than someone looking for a soccer-mom vehicle.

Back