Question On Specific Tire and Fit... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question On Specific Tire and Fit...

Hey guys...I read the sticky about what tire sizes to choose for what application and I just wana double check the chart and ask who's ran this specific combo...

I would Like to order a set of Kuhmo Venture AT KL-14's on the tire rack they look like a great price...

The size I want to run is 265/75/R16 and it looks like according to tirerack.com they are 31.4 inches.....

I will be Installing a 2" body lift to make these tires fit...

Are the tires good?....also With this combo will I get ANY rubbing at all???

My Michelins are getting pretty low and the snow is starting to hit...

Truck: Stock 98 Eddie Bauer Rims 16X8 I believe with the stock 255/70/16

anyone?

I haven't ran the combo as I don't have a 2nd gen explorer and I don't have 16" rims. I also have no experience with the tires you talk about but I can tell you this, with a 2" body lift you shouldn't rub very much if at all. If any rub occurs it would probably be on the front swaybar or the likes, and that would only be at full lock. You should clear your front fenders just fine when you turn and should not have to do any kind of trimming. Of course every Explorer is a little different and results may vary. :)

Very cool....I plan on doing some tuff stuff and I don't want to find out there is something thats gona rip a brand new tire to shreds while wheeling in the middle of no where....also I need to get things picked out fairly quickly because the CrossX SUV tires I have now have about 30% tread left and they are woosie on road tires...BOOO

Back