Quick Help Please!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick Help Please!?

kwbulldog1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Alright, so I have a flat tire and need something desperately to put on there real quickly. The tires on there are 255/70/16 and all I can find is a 265/70/16 and a 245/75/16 at the junk yard. The reason I'm not just buying a new tire is bc I plan on getting 4 new ones once I get paid. My question is, how terrible would it be (if it were only driven slowly and gingerly in town) if I put one of those other tires on and which one should I chose if any? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's not a huge difference in diameter they're all between 30 and 31" so you should be fine with either of those, but have you considered seeing if the tire can be repaired? Or use a can of Fix-a-flat to hold you over til pay day? I know not everyone likes that but it has held well for me in the past.

haha well I was trying that for a bit but the tire was just too brittle and was spewing air out through the tread so I now have to resort to a junker for just a bit longer. Thanks a lot for the reply

Auto 4WD, or 2 wheel drive?

EDIT: After thinking about it, it really does not matter much.
Get 2 of the same size tires and mount them on the same axle, remove front driveshaft and take it easy. It should be ok

Back