quick L.E.D. bulb guage question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

quick L.E.D. bulb guage question

ok I've done some searching on converting to L.E.D's. I'm gonna get an El Glow gauge face so the bulbs for the gauges don't matter, But I wanna change my idiot lights to LED as they are still used with the gauge face.

I was reading in a post somewhere on here that this won't work as the truck will think the LED indicators are actually burnt out.

Is this true? or wouldn't the resistor take care of this? if it makes any difference I'm looking at the WLED's from superbrightleds.

*edit*
just doing some more research and I was wondering about using lighting gels to change colors of specific switches such as the RESET button on my center console computer thingy. or to give say my rear wiper switch a two-tone look with the off being one color and on being another. has anyone tried this? if so were you satisfied with the results?

I recently put 5 SMT lead wedge bulb in my first gen. I think the only light I couldn't do was the ABS light. For some reason after it "went out" is was still on, very dim, but still on.

Back