Rear Antenna | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Antenna

Thanks for the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stubby is on and it looks and works great! Very easy install. I like it much better.

IMG_1580.jpeg

Just remember that that antenna isn't' for AM/FM or Sirius radio.

Peter

it’s for the AM/FM reception.

If it's anything like the previous ones, the AM/FM antenna is contained within the 'fin'. On 2018 models they re-designed the antenna and also added a cellular antenna for Sync Connect (AKA Telematics Control Unit or TCU).

Peter

The am/fm antenna mast on my 2018 is the exact same as on my 2015...looking inside the cover on the 2018 shark fin shows the mast is to help am/fm reception. The cellular and Sirius antennas are inside/under the cover.

Has anyone swapped the long mast antenna from the 2018 shark fin with one of the available stubby ones? Any differences noticed? Dealer reminded me to remove the long mast before going into a carwash. Wife isn't tall enough to reach it and I don't want to haul a 2-3 stepper just for that.

I put a small CravenSpeed Stubby Jr antenna on my 18. Has worked perfectly for two plus years. Got it on Amazon.

I put a small CravenSpeed Stubby Jr antenna on my 18. Has worked perfectly for two plus years. Got it on Amazon.
Thanks for the info. I'm off to Amazon.

Has anyone swapped the long mast antenna from the 2018 shark fin with one of the available stubby ones? Any differences noticed? Dealer reminded me to remove the long mast before going into a carwash. Wife isn't tall enough to reach it and I don't want to haul a 2-3 stepper just for that.
Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one found using the Forum's 'Search' feature.

Peter

2013 with the mast, run it thru the local car wash every 1-2 weeks, no problems or damage at all to the mast.
I do like the shark fin though, it is possible to replace the mast antenna with the shark fin design, and from what year would work on my 2013?

I'm guessing you meant to ask if you can replace your antenna with the shark fin. Yes, you should be able to.
There are other threads you should be able to find with the handy 'Search' feature.

Peter

Back