Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
My dad has a 2001 Excursion with a factory DVD in it. When he bought it someone had an after market DVD in it & stripped it all out before he bought it.
The Excursion was wrecked so he had to replace the top anyway so that is why he went back to the factory DVD player.

We can get the movie, but we get no sound so I was wondering if anyone has the DVD player & any suggestions of why we don't get sound????

I would think there would be a button on the radio to turn on the DVD player but I can't find anything. The Excursion also has the little cluster on the back of the front console to control the radio when you are in the back seat but I can't see anything there as well.

I have never used a DVD so I don't know anything about them so any help would be appreciated.

I have an 03 Explorer with factory DVD player in the back. When you turn the DVD player on and switch it to Speaker mode(Instead of headphones) "VIDEO" displayed on the front stereo, so that told me that the stereo controlled the DVD player. When I bought an aftermarket navi unit I had to figure out the wire diagram of the DVD player so I could get power to it (Stereo must be on for rear DVD to work). I wrote down all the wire colors at the ceiling and behind the stereo. If you want those I can post them, but they may be completely different from the 01 Excursions.

Hope this helped some.

Back