• Register Today It's free!

Rear mudflaps and brackets.

mechjames

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I got pulled over by the police a week ago just before going up a Forest Service road to some trails. According to the laws here, anything lifted more then 2.5 inches requires a Vehicle Inspection to certify that its safe. I've got 30 days to do that before my insurance becomes invalid if I get caught driving it, and a bailiff can come to my house and seize my plates, and the truck would be tow only until I get it inspected.

I'm not too worried about the James Duff lift failing the lift because its not like I pieced my lift kit together with a bunch of used different manufacturers parts.

I did however needed fender flares and rear mud flaps and to get my check engine light to go away. Thankfully it was just the DPFE sensor and the code went away after I replaced it.

I got the flexy flares because of my 35x12.50x15 BFG All terrains, and I will have them on tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of how they mounted rear mudflaps to the frame.

I picked up a big semi truck mudflap at the truck stop for $12 and I am planning on cutting it in two (since its over 50" wide and I only need 20" width each side). I'm just curious what brackets you guys use to mount them to the frame etc. Do I have to custom make them or is there something off the shelf that will work at the parts store?

I have mudflap brackets that Rockranger made for me, same as on his truck. I can take a pic in the morning, or you can search his thread for pics. Very simple and functional design. They're made to be removable for wheeling, just pull the cotter pin, but they stay on fine if you don't want removable.
I realize you have an Explorer, not a Ranger, but it should work fine on an Ex...

Back