Recirculate Air Control Will Not Stay On | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recirculate Air Control Will Not Stay On

Pixelscape

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
I Drive in traffic with my 2011 Xlt and when I push the recirculate air button on the ac controls it stays on for few mins but goes off. Have tried in Auto Mode with 73 set on thermostat, also tried in Man with fan set at differn't speeds. Will not stay on recirculate, because air intake is low on front bumper it seems to pick up lots of exhaust fumes from car in front of you. Please let me know if anybody has had this problem also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From the manual.

7. (Recirculated air): Press to activate/deactivate air recirculation
in the vehicle. Recirculated air may reduce the amount of time needed to
cool down the interior of the vehicle and may also help reduce undesired
odors from reaching the interior of the vehicle. Recirculated air engages
automatically when MAX A/C is selected or can be engaged manually in
any airflow mode except (defrost). Recirculated air may turn off
automatically in all airflow modes except MAX A/C to reduce fog
potential

Seems like bad design to me I live in the desert in Las Vegas very low humidity don't have fog condition inside vehicle, and just wish I could leave the recirculate air control on with out hvac system turning it off.

Read the quote carefully !!

I would just leave it on MAX A/C to prevent it from auto shutting off. What difference is there between regular A/C and max A/C anyway?

I would just leave it on MAX A/C to prevent it from auto shutting off. What difference is there between regular A/C and max A/C anyway?

Apparently the ability to recirculate the air!

you should be able to turn on Max A/C and simply turn up the temperature to a warmer setting to get heat. Having the A/C on acts as a dehumidifier. Max A/C keeps the recirc on.

Max AC recirculates the "cold" air to cool the car down quicker, while regular AC mixes in outside air with internal air. Usually max in summer so to keep outside hot air out of the car.

Back