• Register Today It's free!

Remote start

mikefb03

Reaction score
City, State
philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer
Hi, just joined and looking for help. I recently aquired an 06 explorer for the wife. Shortly after I purchased a remote start for it from ford, which didn't come with any directions. Now I'm looking the vehicle specific wiring directions. Seems ford used to have a website that supported this, which does'nt work anymore. I'm searching the forums, but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks, Mike.

Did ford install it for you. I just took delivery today of a 06 xlt for the GF and I was wondering how difficult it would be to have ford rig up a remote start (seeing as it came as an option anyway). Post back and I can check your results. Thanks. G.:thumbsup:

a remote start for an 06 (actually 06-10) will not be a plug and play like the new 11. This one will have to be hardwired to the truck. This being said the "ford" one you buy at the dealer is actually made by code alarm. I personally would look into an aftermarket unit. You can add many more features, better range, ability to control it through a smart phone.....

The 06 ex is NOT a difficult vehicle at all. Being that its not "plug and play" sometimes the dealer will outsource the install anyways. this way they dont need to have a "12volt accessoty tech" on staff.

Some of the brands i personally would look into are autopage, audiovox, compustar, dei (viper, python). On top of any remote start you will also need a bypass module to bypass the PATS system while running on the remote start.

Back