Removing passenger compartment fuse box | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing passenger compartment fuse box

dvannuys

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport 2dr 4wd
I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer and all "delayed accessory" connected accessories are not working, (windows, radio, map lights, etc.). Iam just not sure how to pull the fuse panel out to get to the back side relays. Any help, (videos, photos, or explanation) will help. Thanks in advance. :exp:

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have moved your thread into the Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers Sub Forum for better exposure.

What makes you think the relay is bad?

Have you checked Fuse 47 in the battery junction box? That fuse is for the accessory delay relay.

Check the fuse and report back and we can go from there.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Here is a good post to check out: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2384211&postcount=9

Rondo;
Thanks for the quick reply. In my owners guide for the 2002 Mountaineer it shows fuse no.17 on the "passenger compartment fuse panel description" as the fuse for Delayed acc. coil, battery saver, interior lamps, & glove box lights.
Fuse no. 47 of the "Power distribution box" by the battery is for the horn relay.
I did check the no. 17 fuse inside and its good. I did also check all fuses over 20 amps and the are good.
Thanks for the link to the other site that is very helpful. unless there ore other thoughts I will work on removing the fuse holder tomorrow.

My shop manuals show:

Late Build:

fuse 47 (30 amp) in the Battery Junction Box is for the accessory delay relay

Early Build:

fuse 17 (15 amp) in the Central Junction Box is for Battery saver relay, Accessory delay relay

I guess you have the early build.

Check the label on the driver's door jamb. The build date will be there.

Early Build: To March 2002
Late Build: From March 2002

Back