Replace vin K(flex fuel) block with vin E block? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replace vin K(flex fuel) block with vin E block?

rich8483

Reaction score
City, State
Crown Point, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 xlt
Ive got an 03 xlt with a rod sized hole in the block that i picked up for cheap. looks like the pan gasket leaked and well the rest is history. anyways. its a vin k flex fuel truck. i have found a low milage good vin E engine out of an 04. are the blocks any different?

im assuming the difference is all in the fuel system in the truck and the pcm and the longblock itself would be interchangable. am i right or do the flex fuels have different pistons in them or something?

thanks for the help.

Ive got an 03 xlt with a rod sized hole in the block that i picked up for cheap. looks like the pan gasket leaked and well the rest is history. anyways. its a vin k flex fuel truck. i have found a low milage good vin E engine out of an 04. are the blocks any different?

im assuming the difference is all in the fuel system in the truck and the pcm and the longblock itself would be interchangable. am i right or do the flex fuels have different pistons in them or something?

thanks for the help.

Blocks should be the same. It’s the injectors etc. the bolt ons from yours need swapped.

Back