• Register Today It's free!

Right Blinker in Dash

eric4welches

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
The right blinker indicator in my dash does not work. The turn signals work (front and back). Would that simply be a light out in the dash or ??. Is it a pain to get to?

Thanks
Eric
'92 XLT

If the turn signals bulbs on the corners of the vehicle really do work then yes, its most likely the bulb on the dash...

I had a connector issue on the front of our X and when the bulb up front wouldn't work the dash light would not work either so double check the turn signals outside are really working when you use the turn signal..

Its not that hard to pull the cluster out to change the bulbs. What seems to help is to pull the gauges out of the cluster while its still in the dash. That way you can push the 2 electric connector locks (2 for each connector) and remove the electrical connectors. Now you should be able to get your hand behind the cluster to pull the speed connection. Once that is out the cluster will come out (assuming all the screws have already been pulled).

IIRC there are a few threads on here showing how to pull the cluster.. Its really not that hard..

~Mark

I had a similar issue to Maniak's. I was replacing my front headlight modules and somehow stressed the wires at one of the turn signal sockets. There was no fixing it. The connections were covered in waterproofing grease and solder just laughed and rolled off. Good news was that the socket was, probably still is, a stock part at Ford and it was not overly expensive. Soldered in the pigtails and good to go.

The cluster is easy. It takes an hour the first time, but now I can do it in 10 minutes. If you get that far, look up the oil pressure gauge fix. There is no better time. Oh, and I might replace the cluster lights while I am there.

I've had the contacts on the bulb holders in the gauge cluster lose connection over time on mine (seems they get oxidized or something). Simply wiggling the bulb holders (or pulling them out and then wiggling the bulbs themselves) usually restores their connections (certainly wouldn't hurt to spray them with some electronic spray cleaner while you have them out).

Back