Rusted door jamb info. needed

ppbskis

Reaction score
City, State
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
Hello All,
This is my first week with the Explorer and I am working on my to do lists. Can someone please furnish me with info on the part that covers the rear door jamb opening where rust seems to be a great enemy. The drivers side has a black plastic cover that extends to the bottom rocker. I have looked at many online parts sites and I cant come close to finding this type of item. Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe M.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome fellow new jersey guy!! I kn ow quite a few people from Point that are into the wheeling scene. My best advice for you is to search the local junkyards and craigslist for first gen explorers being parted out that are in better condition and cut out the panel you need and weld to your truck.

You can buy both the rocker panels and doglegs if you have a 4-door. If you have a 2-door, you can get the rockers, but not the doglegs, would need to fashion some.

HERE is a source...

Thanks a million Joe, the "Dogleg" is exactly what I have been searching for !

welcome fellow new jersey guy!! I kn ow quite a few people from Point that are into the wheeling scene. My best advice for you is to search the local junkyards and craigslist for first gen explorers being parted out that are in better condition and cut out the panel you need and weld to your truck.
Hey Mud Boy, you are absolutely right, my nephews John , and Red Head Brian, are big into 4 wheeling, I just drove by his Jeep yesterday and it had about a inch of mud all over it !
Joe Dirt knew exactly what I needed, the Dog Leg is going to make something ugly look Mahvelous.

Glad you can get 'er all bandaged up!

:thumbsup:

Even if LMC is a bit expensive, they also have what you are looking for.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/t.aspx?Page=20

Of course, it is page 20. I had plans to order a set for my explorer. It is rusted worse than yours according to your description. Check my registry pics for images of my rusted dog legs.

My father owns his own body shop, therefore once spring rolls around I will be hand making new dog legs for my explorer. If I do not forget. I also have some pretty bad rust under the rear doors that will have new metal welded in as well, all hand made by me. More blood, sweat, and tears will go into doing mine if I don't get pissed and break something. :(

Back