• Register Today It's free!

Self Leveing Suspension

Luis696

Reaction score
City, State
London
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 4.0L SOHC 1998
Hi, got a problem with self-levelling suspension, it used to go for some time, and it didn’t look like back end of the car was rising, nevertheless I was looking for a leak, but recently it stopped working, and it doesn’t, so as the weather eased up a bit, I did removed spare tyre, and went under, removed sensor and tried to play with one, it seems to be working fine, I can hear click when it is risen and another click when it is lowered, also I can hear a click when I drop a sensor but open the door, which –in my opinion- pointing that all of it (sensor wise) works perfectly fine.
Was wondering if anyone had similar problem, or maybe been working around one? Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found a problem, pump was jammed and it burned, was wandering if any of you got a spare one, ideally it would be to get a full set which is located on a metal bracket and containing pump with air reservoir, all of it mounted by 3 screws on top of the spare wheel, any help greatly appreciated,

got new pump, and it looks like shocks are leaking, got a question, if I'll plan in a future to lower my EX, is it worth going for the shocks with ARC, or I'll be better off with a normal ones and disabling ARC? has anyone done this before?

arc

even if lowered the arc system would give you the option to raise the body away from tyres if needed when loaded. i would keep it.
cheers chris

thanks Chris, any idea where can I get ones apart form Rock Auto?

Back