service engine soon light , after changed new battery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

service engine soon light , after changed new battery

charlecls1978

Reaction score
City, State
new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer xlt
:usa:hello every one ,i own 04 explorer xlt v6 70k, I also have some problems, my car battery had died cause i think i left the lights on , so i tried to jump start it and its not working cause i was so drained out so , i got a brand new battery after i replaced it first try didnt start right away , took me 3 tries to start then i noticed the " service engine soon " light is on but the day befor i changed the new battery the service engine soon light wasn't on , can some pls tell me how to fix this problem pls

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know the code? A lot of auto parts stores will scan your codes for you so that you can tell what the problem is. Also, if the message center on your 04 is like my 03, you hit setup and then reset to run a system check and it will tell you if there is a problem with the charging system though you'll still need the code scanned to know what the problem is.

check codes the car probably had a cel on long enough that 80 key cycles cleared the light but kept the codes, when you changed the battery you reset the pcm.

i dont know the codes ,but there's a pep boys , struass , autozone around my way i probably take it there .what do i tell the guy there and how much is to find out the code is?

Just go up to the counter and ask if someone can scan the trouble codes on your vehicle. I don't think anybody charges for it, I know that Autozone didn't but I've had a code scanner for a long time so I haven't had them do it in a while.

i dont know the codes ,but there's a pep boys , struass , autozone around my way i probably take it there .what do i tell the guy there and how much is to find out the code is?

Autozone should to it for nothing.

Back