• Register Today It's free!

Skyjacker 6" lift questions

Robman7835

Reaction score
City, State
Red Lion, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' explorer XLT
Right now im looking at buying a skyjacker 6" class 2 suspension kit. from what ive read they are the better of all the kits ive seen, and the price shows it. Is there anythingelse i would need to do/buy to complete this project? Any problems witht he kit?? Ive done a search and havnt found much on 6" lifts
as far as i know this is whats in the kit
It comes with
-coil springs
-rear blocks
-pitman arm
-shocks
-drop brackets
-bump stop
-sway bar end links
-u bolt kit 4 rear
-radius arms and mounting brackets
-transfer case cross member
- strut arm bushings

??? Am i also goin to have to relocate my brake lines???

Thanks for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fro a 6" lift you will need extended break lines..... im sure skyjacker has those as well....

the skyjacker stage 2 for the ranger is the best lift hands down.... you will also need some way to lift the rear.. as the ranger lift has a factory soa, and the explore uses an sua

It says under the info of the kit it comes with 6" blocks for the rear....does this not take care of it???

nobody makes 6" blocks

its probably a 2" block for a ranger.... however the ranger uses a SOA suspension not an SUA liek the explorers ... you will need to do an soa on the rear axle of the explorer....

The blocks are only for the Ranger. You will need to weld spring perches on top of the axle housing to mount the leaf springs on the Explorer. That's the only difference. Get the stage 2 kit. If/when you want to upgrade the steering, get the Superlift superrunner steering. Best mod I did, 2nd only to the SAS. Explorer ProComp makes the best SS brake lines.

Look into Jackit.com they take the best components out of all the lift kits and put it in one kit. Close to same price as SkyJacker. SkyJacker is a quality kit though. But I would check out Jackit as well. It comes with everything you need.

Yea but their kits are tight!!!

$1507 gets you everything you need including flip kit, ss brake lines, poly bushings, and steering stabalizer and all other included stuff thats in the skyjacker.

you can either buy a brand new kit or wait a little and try to buy it on this board from someone that's going straigh axle or removing for resale. If you're handy with tools than you'll be fine. Use grinder to get rid of the rivets and spend a little extra time aligning rear drive shaft after SOA and before welding perches to the axle. I had no big issues with installation of mine except for the extended radius arm brackets... instructions said to use existing hole and drill another but there was no existing hole plus there was a piece inside the frame that restricted access to bolts. It might of been Sport specific though... you might not have these problems with the 4 door. Like I said - a good grinder makes life easier. Use a new Supperrunner steering kit. My truck with factory set-up with dropped pitman arm was getting a lot of bump steer that was really anoying at times.

I will be selling my 4 inch Rough Country kit soon. Really not nearly as good as the SkyJacker kit but just thought I would throw that in.

thanks for all the help.... this may be a dumb question but im guessing that SUA stands for spring under axle....and SOA stands for spring over axle?? Am i right?? and what was NOTAJp talkin about when he says SAS??? try not to be too hard on me...im only 18 and im gonna be doin this all myself..... I looked to this fourum when i needed help with intalling my new rears and u guys help alot!!!!
Thanks Robbie

By the way i checked out the JAckit lifts.....and i agree they are tight!

i will be selling my SJ class 2 in a few months

still kinda confused on what ALL has to be done to get the 6" in the back.....Thanks

i know what you are talking about i had these questions to when i went to lift my 91 explorer, first off in the rear, on explorers the leaf spring is under the axle, you can get around 5.5" of lift by placing the springs on the top of the axle

if you need more help or anything try instant messageing me at hossler1788

to lift your truck using Skyjacker's 6" stage 2 lift all you need are front end lift components really. Rear can be done by just moving leaf packs from under the axle to top of the axle. It's easy. Been there, done that. ask away!

appx91 said:
$1507 gets you everything you need including flip kit, ss brake lines, poly bushings, and steering stabalizer and all other included stuff thats in the skyjacker.

Wow.. thats almost as much as the Superlift kit for the second gen. :confused:

I don't think it should be that much if you buy used... I was able to put everything together for roughly around $800.00 - including rear end.

Look around...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks alot.....it makes alot of sense now.....i went out and looked at the rear spring situation and i understand whats gotta be done...i think....

Back