• Register Today It's free!

small problems

simjet22

Reaction score
City, State
Freeport, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 explorer EB
Whats up! i just bought a 98 ford explorer sport! it has small issues and i would like some help, fixing them. my truck didn't come with and owners manual, so.... before i start ripping stuff apart, let me ask some of you guys for help. ok well i noticed that the front parking lights/turn signals dont work(passenger's side) i don't think the buld sockes are in there, whats the best way to get to the bulbs? do i have to take the entire headlight assembly off? also, the guage cluster's bulbs went out, whats the bublb size for the instrament panel?, and also my reverse lights dont work, the bulbs seem fine, what should i check? oh yea before i forget, the cd/cass. headunit's display dosent work! sometimes when i start it, the radio display works, and then dies out, is it time for a new radio, or can this radio be fixed? i hope you guys can help me, thanks
Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay to start off I would run a fuse check that could solve many of your probelms.

To acess the front turn signals is cake.
Open the hood ( you knew that much right ? ) lift the flap over each corner light, you will see two phillips head screws, remove them. Now pull on the marker light firmly but gently. There is not a lot of slack in the wire harness so be careful.

As far as the radio display that is a very common problem.
Use the search feature on that one.
Some have fixed it but most just step up to a nicer radio.

Have you checked all of the fuses in relation to the reverse lights? I'd go through the whole panel just to check. Its located on the side of the dash when you open the door.

Radio can be fixed, I think its around $100 for a pro to fix it, or can be done yourself I guess.

The search feature can be you friend. These problems have come up in the past, so just run a quick search and you'll probably find your answer!

Welcome to the site, hope you get all of your problems worked around and stick around!

thanks alot, i got the front lights workin, the radio i will upgrade, since i have alot of mp3 cd's, and tomorrow i will check the fuses,thanks again!

no problem man.

What kind of radio do you plan on getting ?

A pioneer head unit, donmt know which one though,lol

Back