Sport rocks/pushes on acceleration, very sluggish? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport rocks/pushes on acceleration, very sluggish?

bmmz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi everyone, I have around 45,000 km on my explorer sport. Lately, it is very sluggish and rocks and accelerates in a weird way. I can't explain it but you feel it on the throttle. It's a weird pause and push feeling as if its rocking. We took it into the dealership but they could not replicate it. It happened for a few days straight then it stopped happening. But comes back again and stops again. Acceleration is poor. We have had the throttle body cleaned around 30000 and it was amazing.

What can this be?

Some people say we should get rid of it before major problems come up. But I don't want to. Are these generally reliable vehicles? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't surprised if it was the throttle body (TB) again. The 2016 models have a different TB that has been causing many problems and the replacement TB has apparently been modified. So far it looks like 99% that have posted have the non Ecoboost. Did you have issues before when you had the TB cleaned and if so were they similar to the current symptoms?

Peter

+1 on the ETB being a potential cause. These EXs are designed too sensitive to TB faults and puts them into limp mode.

Back