• Register Today It's free!

stock center channel?

bobditts

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
I have a bare bones stock 2006 XLT. I did some searching around and couldn't find any information if there was a package that offered a stock center channel? If so, does anyone have a picture? Before I go slicing up my dash for custom work, Id like to see if maybe I could just get a stock piece and modify it for my needs. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nobody has an answer eh? hmmm, ok. Ill just stick to my plan of 100% custom. Cant wait to get back stateside to start my build thread. Thanks all!

Maybe I'm too new, but I have no idea what a center channel is that you're referring to.

center channel speaker. Sorry if I was not clear.

Sorry, I am not much into audio stuff but I still have no clue what the center channel speaker is :)

You sure there is a center channel? I think there is only 4 door speakers, and a sub if you had the option added.

I am not sure. That is why I am asking. I figured there wasn't based on my research, but I thought I would ask just to make sure.

I just replaced my entire audio system. There are only 4 channels and 1 sub channel that was an option. That being said. Where exactly were you thinking of adding a channel? center dash is pretty hectic behind there unless you're just adding tweeters.

According to the wiring diagram in the service manual there are only 4 channels, and a separate sub channel. No center channel.

Thanks for the clarification.

I just replaced my entire audio system. There are only 4 channels and 1 sub channel that was an option. That being said. Where exactly were you thinking of adding a channel? center dash is pretty hectic behind there unless you're just adding tweeters.

I will slightly build up the pocket area on top of the dash above the radio to house a 4" point source speaker. Mounting depth is minimal. I will just need to open up the plastic in the dash a bit. Should be an easy modification.

Thanks for the clarification.

I will slightly build up the pocket area on top of the dash above the radio to house a 4" point source speaker. Mounting depth is minimal. I will just need to open up the plastic in the dash a bit. Should be an easy modification.
I'd love to see it when it's finished!

I'd love to see it when it's finished!

It will be a while as I am currently stationed overseas.... But I will have an install log in the audio section when I get back. I am a sound quality guy and I have great plans for my xploder.

I don't know personally, but I bet you could make something utilizing the existing storage area recess above the radio. Perhaps instead of the 2 inch depression you could have a 1 inch raised mash covered enclosure for your center channel.

Back