• Register Today It's free!

Supercharged 4.0

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
I am looking into supercharging my 4.0l V6. I found a supercharger kit for an '02 ranger. I just need to know if the will work on my '96 Explorer Sport.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is the website: http://www.candmnovelties.com/

Click on the "Ford 4.0 Supercharger" link towards the top.

Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the vendor of this item would know best, maybe try calling them..

I know you need an adapter manifold and that's all i saw on the page. They have everything you might need but didn't see the s/c unit itself.

maybe its jsut me, but i doubt im buying any s/c truck stuff from a comapny with "novelties" in their name.... also looked at some of the products on their page, and they look like stuff i have custom made to fit my truck! yeah, i am not paying for anything i could slap together for $10 with parts from the hardware store......

look @ explorerexpress.com also look for bbk, etc...... do searches for "alec" and "splat" alec who is a former mod on this site and either #1 or #2 top poster, had a 96 2wd sport w/ a s/c and had his truck on 33s

FHBasketball said:
I am looking into supercharging my 4.0l V6. I found a supercharger kit for an '02 ranger. I just need to know if the will work on my '96 Explorer Sport.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is the website: http://www.candmnovelties.com/

Click on the "Ford 4.0 Supercharger" link towards the top.

Thanks for any help.

No that will not work. You have an OHV V6 and that kit is for an SOHC V6.

www.newage-tuning.com is working on a kit to adapt the M90 supercharger off the Thunderbird S/C to the 3.8L and 4.2L engines, you could probably email them to see if it will work on the 4.0L

Back