• Register Today It's free!

supercharger for 4.0??

Steve94LTD

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
I think I remember seeing a supercharger for a OHV 4.0 a while back, but perhaps Im wrong... Does anyone know anything about this? If i could find it, Id rather just supercharge my 6 than do a whole swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I don't have time for a lengthy reply right now, but I'll try to help you out.

I have the BBK supercharger kit on my 96 OHV 4.0. Use the search engine to look for threads related to my blower. Search for "Alec" and "supercharger" in the modified forum and you'll pull up a bunch of dedicated threads.

Good luck!

hey, thankyou :D when you get some more time... can you let me know how much you feel it? I mean, granted, you feel it, but do you feel its a waste of $$$?

from talking to alec and listening to him, he loves it.....

Given the choice of getting the blower again or doing the 5.0 swap, I'd definately choose the supercharger again. I love the power it gives and I get into WOT a lot (a have a really heavy foot). It's nice having a 4000+ lb truck that's as fast (acceleration) as my dad's SLK 230 Kompressor (in fact his car's blower is almost identical to mine).

All in all, the blower, all related upgrades, and labor cost about $4300-4500. I feel this was still cheaper than the swap, my truck is more reliable than a swapped 5.0 X, and even with the problems that I had, my truck was fully drivable 4 weeks after the project began (mostly drivable 4 days after it began).

Well again, I'm out of time (darn 24/7 job!), but if you need anything, don't hesitate to holler.

Good luck!

I AM ABOUT TO INSTALL A PAXTON THAT I'VE HAD ON THE SHELF FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS. IT WAS USED IN A MAGAZINE ARTICLE (140 MPH + RANGER) BY CENTRAL COAST MUSTANG (I RUN A 97 COBRA CONV.), AND THEN PUT AWAY. WE WILL SEE IF IT WORKS.
THERE IS A SHOP IN THE SAN DIEGO AREA THAT SELLS USED BLOWERS (RECONDITIONED) AT A LOWER PRICE. THEY MAY STILL HAVE SOME FOR 94 EXPLORERS THEY HAVE SUPPLIED A COUPLE OF PARTS FOR MINE. THEY ALSO HAVE 'COOLERS' FOR SUPERCHARGERS.
J.L.H.

So, what's the name of the shop?

(SAN MARCOS, CA.). PHONE: 760/740/0954.
PLEASE DO ME A FAVOR, AND TELL CRAIG THAT I (J. L. HUFFORD) GAVE YOU HIS NAME SO HE KNOWS I APPRECIATE THE HELP HE HAS GIVEN ME.
THANKS
J.L.H.

Back