• Register Today It's free!

Switch Board

Getting ready to install my new lightbar, w 5 daylighters. Im also in the process of getting backup lights, and under carriage lights. With all tis lighting i will need a large switch panel to accomodate the wiring options i want. Right now im thinking of getting a piece of sheet metal and mounting it between the glovebox and air controls, theres a nice flat area there thats about perfect size. Im going to run one master power switch, and 6 or 8 toggle switches, depending on how i wire. Also running an alert light for the master power switch. Any ideas on the best way to access the panel, how many fuses to run, what amp. Also wondering if i will overload a fuse if i only run 2 power wires to the 5 on top. Anyone else do the same? let me know

Use lighted switches, save you an "alert light".
How many watt lights?
You using any relays? Use the switch to turn the relay on and off, saving you the hassle of larger wires on the switches.

Also Radioshack has little project boxes. You can use them for your switches and run the wire in black plastic conduit or something.

i know i could use lighted switches, but i kinda like the looks of this, plus i have one laying around ive been waiting to use. ALso it will let me know that there is power running to the other switches, if somehow there is a problem in wiring between master switch and toggles. Acually thinking of adding another so i dont acdentially turn on the kc's with the covers on. Ive done that before and it wasnt pretty. the 5 on top are 100w, dont know what im gonna do for the others yet, prob some 55w walmarts 2 in rear, 3 on the bottom. wasnt plannin on using relays, but im intrested. tell me more. Ive got an extra painless fusebox, so i have more than enough room. Anyone know if i will be able to run the wires from where i am planning to the fusebox, under steering wheel? And would i even need to remove dash or could i simply deremel out the space for the panel and run the wires, then screw it in.

Back
Top Bottom