• Register Today It's free!

Temp Sensor - KKM Intake Kit

travish_1

Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I installed my KKM air intake kit about a year ago and I am very impressed with the extra power and the mean sound. I recently had a new 4.0L engine put in and the guys that did it told me that an temperature air sensor wasn't working properly. The computer wasn't reading the air temp that it was bringing in to the engine right. My engine isn't getting enough fuel so it is missing. I thought I probably unplugged it when I took the old air box out. I think that the two tubes dealed with this. I plugged one tube with a bolt and cut the other one back. I do no remember where the other one went! Can anyone help me locate this? Thanks. Travis

those vacuum lines have nothing to do with the IAT sensor......the IAT sensor is on the side of your upper intake manifold. You probably just need a new one.

Does the CEL come on?

One vacuum line went from the air box to the flapper valve on the pre heater hose (should be removed if you have the KJKM now) and the other goes to the vacuum canister, you dont need it anymore......

The check engine light doesn't come on. I will try replacing it to see if that helps. Any other idea why my engine seems to lag when I press the throttle? Thanks for the help.

clean the MAS sensor, check for vacuum leaks......

Back