Text not supported | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Text not supported

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Explorer Limited
All of a sudden in my 2016 limited, my Note 9 does not receive, display, or notify of incoming text messages. Yesterday it wouldn't show contacts, but still functioned. Today it says connected phone does not support bluetooth messaging. I tried downloading the phone book again, and removed and resynced the phone. Still won't work with messaging. All other functionality of the bluetooth works (phone calls, music, etc). Does or has anyone else run across this, and if so, what's the fix? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All of a sudden in my 2016 limited, my Note 9 does not receive, display, or notify of incoming text messages. Yesterday it wouldn't show contacts, but still functioned. Today it says connected phone does not support bluetooth messaging. I tried downloading the phone book again, and removed and resynced the phone. Still won't work with messaging. All other functionality of the bluetooth works (phone calls, music, etc). Does or has anyone else run across this, and if so, what's the fix? TIA

I ran into this a long time ago and it was either due to a new iPhone or a software update to the iOS. Simply put, this system is not keeping up with cell phone operating system technology.

I ran into this a long time ago and it was either due to a new iPhone or a software update to the iOS. Simply put, this system is not keeping up with cell phone operating system technology.
I did full resets on phone and SYNC, it has messaging again, but will only show phone numbers not as contacts listed in phone. Semi fixed, but not fully functional.

I did full resets on phone and SYNC, it has messaging again, but will only show phone numbers not as contacts listed in phone. Semi fixed, but not fully functional.

I just thought of something, do you have SYNC 3? I was referencing SYNC 2.

I just thought of something, do you have SYNC 3? I was referencing SYNC 2.
My Ford touch. I have thought about pulling a SYNC 3 system out of a wrecked unit, however.

Mine doesn't work neither, I would like to know why and how can it be fixed myself.

Back