This may be pretty dumb... Can I swap this engine? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This may be pretty dumb... Can I swap this engine?

Reaction score
City, State
OC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
So, here is the deal...

My friend just wrecked his 1998 Q45, no engine damage, he just ruined both axles, and he bought a new car...

Anyways, is it possible to drop that engine into my 93' XLT?

I have no idea on how to find that out... goin to go talk to my mechanic, but hey its an idea...

lemme know what you guys think...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmm interesting. but wireing....computer...mounts tranny mounts 4wd? blahh

hmm interesting. but wireing....computer...mounts tranny mounts 4wd? blahh

ya I have no idea what would go into it... I know if its possible my mechanic can do it, but I don't know if its even fathomable or not...

It would cost way more money than it is worth.

possible? yes. but you'd better have lots of time, money, and know how to fabricate. the Inifniti V8 has nothing in common with any Ford motor.

possible? yes. but you'd better have lots of time, money, and know how to fabricate. the Inifniti V8 has nothing in common with any Ford motor.

Ya, thats what I figured...

Eh, it was worth a shot... my brother is goin to use the seats and stereo and other things from it for his camry.. haha, should be funny...

Thnx for the help guys!

-------can I swap this engine?

Why in the hell would you want an Infiniti engine in your Ford anyway?? :confused: The fabrication alone would be a holy nightmare,:rolleyes: you'd also prob'ly have to have a custom driveshaft made by a machine shop because of length of engine/transmission difference as well as hose locations different, computers would work different on the 2, alternator, power steering pump & a/c pump brackets prob'ly wouldn't interchange to any engine bolt location, etc., etc. ---------:rolleyes:

Why in the hell would you want an Infiniti engine in your Ford anyway?? :confused: The fabrication alone would be a holy nightmare,:rolleyes: you'd also prob'ly have to have a custom driveshaft made by a machine shop because of length of engine/transmission difference as well as hose locations different, computers would work different on the 2, alternator, power steering pump & a/c pump brackets prob'ly wouldn't interchange to any engine bolt location, etc., etc. ---------:rolleyes:

V8...

It is quite a powerful engine. I just wanted to know if it would work and if it did how easy it would be. But as I thought, nope, a royal pain in the butt...

Chill out man...

Back