Throttle Spacer and Air Intake Combo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Throttle Spacer and Air Intake Combo

c_kirkland

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood,Sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Track 2002
Didn't feel lookin through all the pages of threads so I cut to teh point. Have a 2002 4x4 ST and was thinking about putting cold air intake and a throttle spacer to increase horses slightly, but mainly for gas mileage. Any Suggestions? I was also wondering what I could do about exhaust.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard that spacers don't make any difference really, there are a couple cold airs out there. I'd say get the Zabtek CAI and their larger throttle body. Their stuff is fairly inexpensive.
www.zabteck.com

if you want exhaust your best bet would be with a flowmaster. it s hard to run true-duals under an ST cause the fuel tank and stuff is in the way. you can get a Series 40 single in dual out if you want duals, or like me, i got a single in single out and just ran it out the stock place on the passenger side. min cost about $160. muffler, piping and hangers included.

I've got a Zabteck TB and am happy with it. Unlike a spacer, which is useless, the new TB allows more airflow. In addition, Zabteck has great customer service. Be aware, however, that it's not going to give you a blown-feel to your engine. Instead, it adds a couple horses and one or two MPG.

Did you have to get the plastic throttle body? I'm kind of weary on plastic.

Stock throttle bodies are plastic.

I did not know that. I'm kind of weary b/c I don't know how much of a performance difference there is. Anyway about the exhaust I was thinkin of running the Flowmaster with a Cat Back as stated above. Anyone have any other suggestions.

Back