Tire Fault Sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Fault Sensor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its the tire air pressure sensor in one of your tires, it means one of them broke and needs to be replaced. If you take it to the Ford dealership I can tell you it costs around $216 to replace...only reason I did it was because the warning light was driving me crazy! Plus I could hear my sensor bouncing around in the tire and it was bugging me too. The dealership should check you sensors and may be able to reflash them and it might fix the problem, but odds are one of the sensors is busted.

One of my sensors went off last week. Took it to a tire shop and found my LF was down to 18 pounds. (Was 32 2 weeks prior). Tire guy put 4 seconds of air into the tire and told me I was good to go! I went, alright... Went to tire shop 2.
They pulled my tire off the truck, then off the rim, and found that the inside casing was seperating. Tire shop 2 sold me 4 brand new tires.
Just be sure the sensor isn't really trying to tell you something important...

Good save by tire shop 2! Could have been catastrophic!

Good to see you Loren !!

tire shop can do it, they'll just buy the sensor from Ford and install it for you

Back