Tire pressure on Goodyear Wranglers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire pressure on Goodyear Wranglers?

Anybody here running Goodyear Wranglers on their Explorer?

I got them as replacements for the Firestones.
But I'm not sure what pressure to run in them. I've heard Ford puts it at 26 psi mainly for a smooth ride. Asked at the goodyear dealer, and all they said was "look at the sticker inside the door."

What would anyone recommend? I don't want the smoothest ride. I want the tires to perform well, and give the max tread life.

TIA

TIA, welcome to the site! Glad to hear ya ridded the Firestones!
I'm running Wrangler RT/S's and I'm pretty sure mine are at 30psi's and they seem pretty good there.

when i had the stock 235/75/15 wrangler rt/s i ran them about 32 psi. never had a problem. i run the 31x11.50x15 wrangler a/t a little higher.

Thanks! Good information.... guess I'll run mine around 28-30 psi also. I think I did have them at 32 until I could find a better answer to where they should be.

thanks again for the responses!

Originally posted by GRNMACHINE
when i had the stock 235/75/15 wrangler rt/s i ran them about 32 psi. never had a problem. i run the 31x11.50x15 wrangler a/t a little higher.

Ford said that the 26PSI is changed to 30 PSI due to the problems people have been having. the tire places say between 30-35 psi for stock tires, I agree..I run 35 and get pretty even wear.

Back