• Register Today It's free!

Trailer plug

Lil Joe

Reaction score
City, State
southwest Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer
2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD. I'm having trouble finding the correct trailer wiring harness. there is a plug by each tail light that is plugged with a red plug. That is all I see. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Lil Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should be a plug on the drivers side up in the very back of the rear fender.

The harness that plugs into the plug under your taillight is supposed to be in the compartment with your jack, if its not in the truck id go to a junkyard and look for one

I will check that out today. Thanks Guys. Lil Joe

Tip: If you locate the OE trailer plug harness. remove the driver's side tail light to get easy access to the plug under the red cover.

Koda2000,I new that plug was there like you said so I pulled the red cover off and tested it with my meter and every thing cddheck out power wise. Went to the pasts store and they had what I needed. The ones I looked at on line didn't show enough detail on the plug. So everything is good now. Well except for the windshield wiper. Thanks for the help, you guys make things easy. Lil Joe

Back