Trailmaster or Skyjacker 4" Lift

Skippman

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Navajo
Hey all, BTW love the new message board. :cool:

As most people have learned by know, I'm an ex-Jeeper and as such in the Jeep world there are only 3 REAL suspension kits to choose from, Old Man Emu, Trailmaster, or Rancho. I was wondering, in the Explorer world which is the better one? I'm currently looking at a Trailmaster 4" lift. Has anyone installed it and if so, are you satisfied with it? Or would you go with the Skyjacker instead? Feedback appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Justin, this is off subject from your question, but since you named the good J**p lifts, isn't Rubicon Express supposed to be one of the best for Jeeps?

Sorry but I cannot answer your question.

I belive the better ones out there are the Rancho, James Duff, and the Superlift. Everything else has been somewhat troublesome to most folks who try to run it.

Gerald to answer your question, yes Rubicon Express makes some good stuff. That is where I got my hand throttle from. I know they do lots of stuff that is universal also. Who knows they may start making Explorer stuff if enough people would ask. :)

Hey Chad, did you get the standard Skyjacker or the HD Kit. They offer two different bracket options, one which replaces the OEM bracket for the Pass Axle Pivot and one that drops the OE bracket down. Also the radius arm brackets are a little heavier. http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/
Check out offroadwarehouse's site, there's not alot up yet, but, I just got off E-mail with their webmaster and their shopping cart's going up this week. Will have alot of different items and suspension kits up...

Back