Truecar vs. Non-Truecar Prices

mbushnell

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm looking at picking up a 2016 Explorer Sport to replace my 2012 Escape that got totaled in a Motor Vehicle Accident.

I'd like to know what everyone's experience has been between using a Truecar Dealership & their set prices compared to negotiating at a non-Truecar Dealership.

In general, have people been able to get better deals via negotiation then at a Truecar Dealership, is it the other way around, or 50/50.

Thanks

Mark.

I started with the truecar price then negotiated down from there. You can get it below truecar without much problem

It depends. I dropped truecar at my dealer and now just give out prices lower than true car since I don't have to pay their fee. Many dealers are doing the same thing, it was like a race to the bottom almost. Some of the dealers would post ridiculous pricing just to get people in the doors and then there would be big add ons once you get there. I would say your best bet would be to just go on ford.com and submit there for pricing. Your nearest dealers should start sending you pricing at that point.

Back