Turning off Interior Lights

wrankin

Reaction score
City, State
Durham, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Bauer
Hey,

My wife and I took our recently purchased '04 EB out to the local drive-in theater here in Durham. I like to park with the rear towards the screen so that we can open up the hatch and sit underneath to watch the movie (nice in case it starts raining). It also allows us to hear the sound which is only played over an FM radio channel.

The problem is I cannot get the cabin lights to shut off if either the hatch or the glass are open. Has anyone figured out how to turn them off or trick the vehicle into thinking that the rear hatch is shut when it's actually open?

Thanks,

-bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the instrument panel next to the headlight switch there is a nob that controls your instrument lights and you dome lights. All the way one way turns them on, all the way the other turns them off.

I just installed a new switch on my '02 using one out of an '04 that I think had fog lights. Now, the interior lights will not come on when the door is opened unless I scroll the wheel all the way down until it clicks, which also turns off the dash lights. So, if I want the interior lights to come on when getting into and out of the vehicle I have to remember to turn down the dash lights each time before exiting. Or drive with no dash lights.

Scrolling the wheel all the way up until it clicks will make the lights come on like it should.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I just installed a new switch on my '02 using one out of an '04 that I think had fog lights. Now, the interior lights will not come on when the door is opened unless I scroll the wheel all the way down until it clicks, which also turns off the dash lights. So, if I want the interior lights to come on when getting into and out of the vehicle I have to remember to turn down the dash lights each time before exiting. Or drive with no dash lights.

Scrolling the wheel all the way up until it clicks will make the lights come on like it should.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I gotta say that most likely the switch is incompatible with your Ex. I don't know if it's because the new switch is from an '04 or because the new switch has the fog lights.

I would get another switch. I think that's the only way. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

You're welcome.

Back