Ugh... Seriously?!? Piss Poor Memory Management in New MFT | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ugh... Seriously?!? Piss Poor Memory Management in New MFT

Took the car in (again) to the dealer this weekend... explained that MFT is still freezing and rebooting regularly.. pointed them to my youtube vid. After talking w/ Ford they were instructed to replace the APIM, ......

Glad to hear they ordered you a new APIM, that is good news! Very interested to see how that all works out.

I am at day 4 since my problem and the reboot. Working like a charm as before, so I am hopeful again...knock on wood.

If anyone who has had MFT installed for a couple weeks wants to try an experiment, run a Vehicle Health Report from the touch screen and see if there is any instability afterwards. That is what got me! :(

My APIM Was replaced, thats just what the dealers are being told because they dont know what to do to fix it. Now, Im told that I should drive my car around without my phone paired because even though my phone is on the list of compatible, its really not....I told them that was ridiculous, and Im waiting for their new idea...

Yes vehicle health report gets done and 3 hours later I have problems....

Yes vehicle health report gets done and 3 hours later I have problems....
Hmmmmm, that's 2 of us....any more?

I am on day 9 since reboot and working like a charm! Did my first trip using the NAV yesterday and have to say it worked awesome! Not one single problem or hiccup with any aspect of MFT since I had the crash.

I am wondering how many of these problems are from pairing with phones in one way or another.

Back