underbody neons, should i put silcone on the ends? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

underbody neons, should i put silcone on the ends?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
i just installed my street glow (gold series) underbody neons last night, i had some on my old car a couple years ago, and i was wondering if i should use some silcone around the ends of the tubes for added protection against water leaking in, since thats what happened to me last time.

your thoughts are appreicated

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when i had underbodies, i never had problems with leaking, but i supposed a little silicone wouldnt hurt.

Shouldn't need to. The Gold Series tubes are very well built, I haven't heard of anybody having leaking problems. I know I never had any.

def do it. why not. i had underbodies on my ex and now they are broken for a combination of water leaks and ramming my front end into snow banks.

really...that many problems with them on en ex? i plan on putting mine on later this summer...hopefully i will be getting them for my bday. i had them on my contour and my buddy just got them on his '03 dakota 4x4, so i am getting the itch again.

Just for reference where did you get your strret glows and how much did you pay for them?

$150 from thezeb.com

i put mine on yesterday too white ones. they are really nice with rims.

yeah i wish i could affoard some 18's or 20's but i got the stock chrome rims which are fairly nice though

i didn't notice you chose white i really like that color

me too, it compliments my X nice at night...

Back