• Register Today It's free!

Updates on all 3 Aerostars!

Adam_tinkerer

Reaction score
City, State
Newton, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Aerostar
So, last weekend, I was able to squeeze in a few hours to change the cap, rotor, and wires in my DD. One terminal/boot at the cap was all rusty, in fact it fell off when I pulled the cover! There was also a boot on a plug that seemed like it was loose. There were the misses! When I started it, it was obvious two wires were crossed, but it was the last two. A relief to have it running smooth again!
Yesterday, I got of work early. Despite the frosty temps, I decided to install the ecm I picked up at pull a part a few weeks ago, for the parts van. Runs decent! Feeling on a roll, I figured I'd try and fire up my old '95, which has been sitting since spring 2015. Carried the battery down there, and it turned over, bur didn't start. So, I poured about a gallon of gas in the tank, and what do you know, it started! I changed a flat tire, hoping to move it up onto the concrete, where the parts van is parked. Despite the 29 degree temp, the backyard mid wasn't frozen. Managed to get a couple boards under the back tires, but they still spun. I need to get the few good parts removed so I can get rid of it, but may have to wait for a colder or drier day!

What is wrong with the 95 that you retired it?

What is wrong with the 95 that you retired it?
Bad miss, believe it's a burnt valve. Rear main seal failed, pours oil. Drive band in trans broke. Body trashed due to running off the road because of a failed ball joint at 65 mph! Rear wheel bearing about to go, front brakes ground to metal, alignment off... The list goes on, but those are the primary reasons!

Bad miss, believe it's a burnt valve. Rear main seal failed, pours oil. Drive band in trans broke. Body trashed due to running off the road because of a failed ball joint at 65 mph! Rear wheel bearing about to go, front brakes ground to metal, alignment off... The list goes on, but those are the primary reasons!
I can respect 391K miles. If the rear upper control arm bushing is still good on the axle, that is gold.

Back